Monday, September 18, 2006

Back online and in the game...off to volunteer at an orphanage.

That is right my friends as of tonight I have regained control of my accounts with PayPal, Yahoo and Gmail. Thanks so much for those of you who said a prayer to help with this or sent me a kind email with reassuring thoughts. It was tough not being able to check my email for nearly a week and knowing that someone was trying to steal money from my bank account using my PayPal account. It was also tough knowing that my last two blog entries with many errors to correct would remain untouched until I could regain access to my Google accounts. I must say that out of the three Yahoo was the best at responding quickly and following up in good time but the other two are lacking in speed and follow-up. Either way my bank denied the two withdrawals the “hacker” tried to make from my account and now I just need to finish cleaning up the mess, changing my passwords, etc. and going through the proper channels to report this, see about getting compensated for money I was charged for insufficient funds when the hacker tried to take $4,000 from my account (not getting a penny) and take the steps to ensure that this won’t happen again.

I will be going to an orphanage on Wednesday to visit for two nights and when I return on Friday I am sure I will have many stories and photographs to share about the experience. If you want to learn more about the orphanage please feel free to visit the Topsy Foundation and pay particular attention to the sanctuary as that is where I will be staying, volunteering, playing with the kids, etc. Last April my friend Lori and I considered doing our internships/practicums with Topsy and came upon the foundation because one of the people that started it, like my supervisor Linzi is also an Ashoka Fellow. His name is Duke Kaufman and you can read his Ashoka profile to get more information on him and the Topsy Foundation.

No comments:

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping