Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Let's give peace a chance!


If you build a house, you start with one brick. If you want to build peace, why not start with one day...and maybe that day has arrived.

21 September
www.peaceoneday.org

In the midst of packing for Topsy (see previous entry) and finishing up things here at the office I am asking you all to visit Peace One Day to see what activities will be going on in your area of the world tomorrow to promote peace. The 21st of September is the “UN International Day of Peace and known as “an annual day of global ceasefire and non-violence”. I will be spending the 21st learning more about HIV/AIDS orphans, volunteering my time and seeing what I can to do in this area where so much work is needed to be done. I will be sending peaceful thoughts to you all from Grootvlei, Mpumalanga, South Africa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you, your Peace Day activity was FAR more interesting than mine! I just went to a peace pole celebration.

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping