Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Battle of the Bulge. Chókwè might be experiencing a mini drought but that doesn’t mean they don’t know how to treat long lost sons to tons of food!

That is right I am back from Mozambique and off to Kenya in 1 ½ days time. I got back this afternoon and was picked up by my friend Ernest Karanja at the airport. It was nice to be in Moz for almost three weeks to see friends, eat some great food, spend the holidays, survive the heat, dance the night away, feel like a rock star again, matar saudades and come home with some great music*. It was good to go back but now I have not idea when I will be back but I know for sure I will go back. I of course didn’t see everyone I wanted to as some were visiting friends/family for the holidays, others out of country studying or working and sadly many have passed on since my last time in Moz two years ago. That seemed to be the only real “novidade” (news) in fact besides more children, potholes, the heat and of course lots of bebidas (drinks) due to the holiday time.

I am tired so I won’t write too much now but just wanted to put something up to announce my return to the Republic of South Africa. I will be busy tomorrow with all kinds of stuff before leaving for Kenya on Friday at 11:30 AM. I need to download all the photos I took, load the music I got onto my computer and start listening, get rid of the virus that got onto all my flash cards in my camera, charge my batteries, catch up on some emails, finish up my prepping for Kenya, do some laundry and sit with computer which I have missed these past 3 weeks. In fact it was nice to be gone and if I hadn’t been busy, cheap and not wanting to miss a minute I would have written while in Moz. I might post a few times in Kenya but it all depends. I will have lots to catch up on when I get back to the States later this month but I will have 8 jam packed days before going off to Brasil! The reason for the title of this blog is that I was very much so over fed my whole time in Chókwè. I had at least four full meals a day and plenty of snacks on the side and people kept offering me soft drinks and juice on top of that. I didn’t have the heart to tell most that I don’t drink soft drinks and was relieved when they just offered me water. I have never eaten so much in my life

*That is right Tober (and any others who are interested) I have about 8 GB of new tunes from Moz. A mix of passada, marabenta, hip hop, etc. from the likes of Ziqo, MC Roger, Neyma and Lizha James. Como e nice esta musica! If you want me to burn you some CDS just let me no. Holla mbique!

No comments:

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping