Thursday, January 04, 2007

Off to spend three weeks in the land of the Maasai, Lake Victoria, the Great Rift Valley and the 2007 World Social Forum! Packing for Kenya.

Jambo! As you might recall back on October 29th I announced my plans to travel to Kenya for a few weeks mainly to attend the World Social Forum (WSF) from January 20th to 25th in Nairobi. Well the moment has arrived and the time to travel will soon be upon me. I am excited to get to visit Kenya for the first time, see old church and university friends, make new ones along the way and get to experience my first East African country (Moz is kinda in between south and east) It should be a great time from tomorrow the 5th until Saturday the 27th. I will be in Nairobi for the first few days and then head with my friend Jared Ogega (see about his school) to Migori in the western part of the country near Lake Victory and stay there for a week or so before retuning to Nairobi a few days before the WSF. I have made contacts with many people in Kenya mainly in Nairobi (see about another Christian Science school in Kenya) and the area in and around Migori so I will have lots of stories to tell when I get back, photos to share and more. I would write more but I gotta run and keep working on my packing and prepping for Kenya. I will try and write a few times while there but as in Moz I might just get carried away and not take/have the time to do so. Catch you on the info superhighway in the near future!

1 comment:

Steve Hayes said...

I look forward to your report on the World Social Forum.

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping