Sunday, February 18, 2007

A wild past two months.

You might be wondering what happened to me from about the 15th of December until now. The truth is that I was in Mozambique as I told about in a few blog entries posted in early January and then went to Kenya on the 5th of January and stayed until the 27th before flying from Nairobi to Johannesburg. I was so busy in Kenya and most of the time in places with no internet or such slow internet that I chose to check email only sporadically and only wrote one entry, January 10th, while on the road. I had a great time in Kenya traveling as far as Migori/Lake Victoria in the western part of the country and also getting to know people and places in an around Nairobi. I got a chance to spend some time at two schools started in Kenya by groups of Christian Scientists and it was nice to get to know faculty, staff and students at these schools. I was even asked, on the spot, to teach an English lesson to 5th and 6th graders at Petals bringing me back to my days of teaching English for the Peace Corps in Mozambique. I will try and edit some of the hundreds of photos I took in Kenya and Mozambique and post them over the coming weeks. As I am going in to my second week of work here at Iracambi things are looking to get busier and I already have a long list of work to do. Also, colleagues are starting to go on vacation for varying lengths of time so I will be covering for others over the next month while still trying to define my work as program coordinator. I start my official SIT practica this Friday the 23rd and do it for three months. At the conclusion of this I will still have 2 ½ months here but will be one step closer to completing the requirements for SIT. These are exciting and busy times and I should get back to my work before the day is completely gone.

No comments:

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping