Friday, November 24, 2006

Missing Mozambique and feeling more at home in South Africa.

I am back! I am tired! I need a vacation! That is right I got back this afternoon and although this is one of my final weekends I don’t think I will do much more than sleep, write tons of emails, prepare for Kenya and go to church. I will explain more about this past week in the coming days but can say for now that I had a good time even though things didn’t go quite as planned but one can always find gems even when facing adversity. Not that I really faced adverse situations but just had to roll with the punches. I found that I really miss the communal, relaxed, laid back feeling I experienced and usually enjoyed in Mozambique and found a bit of this in the small town of Orkney where I spent the week. It was nice to be able to sit out side at night, walk around with safety, see the communal atmosphere where most everybody knew everybody and get out of the big city. I did get a few chances to speak Portuguese with some Mozambicans, see the mines from a distance, participate in the training and make some new friends. I will share more stories later as I now need to rest and get some good sleep to catch up from a busy week.

No comments:

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping