Thursday, November 02, 2006

Surprise email from an equally avid music listener and Calabash Music employee.

I was pleasantly surprised to get this email just a short time ago from a guy who works for Calabash and somehow came across my blog just today! It is nice to hear from another fan of my blog and good music. I wish I would have known about Moshito as it would have been interesting to attend. So enjoy the email from my new friend and have a great day.

“Blake -

Thanks for the plug on your blog. And thanks for writing about music!

I've been down to jozi a couple times (most recently for Moshito in September), and had a wonderful time each trip. I hope to make it back in December. It is so important that folks write about SA music so that those outside of SA get a sense of what is going on there musically. Not quite as important as your work with HIV/AIDS, but important. ;) Keep it up, and stay in touch.

peace.

I will share more in another entry about how many South Africans (as was my experience in Mozambique to a degree as well) don’t know a lot about their own music but more about American hip-hop, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool Blakey!

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping