Friday, March 23, 2007

Dancing machine.

Yes, that is me "dancing" as we like to call it with Carol who is smiling like I am or maybe she is winching in pain as I am stepping on her feet with my two left ones. Either way we were having fun and after a few goes I actually got better at dancing "forró"which is a popular Brasilian dance that you can read more about at Wiki our "favorite" collaborative website. In another shameful promotion of Calabash music who I am not paid by you can also visit them (Calabash) to find out about their selection of forró music. You can also visit AllBrazilianMusic.com for a more complete explanation and history of forró which is probably where the Wiki pirates jacked their info on forró. Additionally there is an interesting article at NY Times Travel section from last year on, everybody together now, forró!

As is normally my MO I took a long time to warm up to the idea of learning Brasilian dancing and I am not saying that I do it with regularity or expert execution but I am more in to the idea of learning, of course it is easiest to learn in a small group or by candle light so as to not be the joke of the dance party. It also helped that Carol is nice, patient and almost 6 feet tall so that our height difference was not so great and I didn't have to bend over to dance and she didn't have to crane her neck to look up at my overgrown grinning goatee. I think the OOC (out of control) facial hair must be a topic for a future blog and don't worry mom I have no plans of not cutting it long before I come home but right now it comes in handy to provide shelter for spiders, storage space for "left overs" and much needed warmth as it only averages high 80s to low 90s here everyday!
http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping