Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Even Diesel knows that this 10-gallon wannabe born in New England and transplated to the land of the Mavericks, Spurs and Rockets can't take the Heat!

My uncle Terry alerted me to this story a few weeks back and I thought you would find it humorous and disheartening to see "our" commander and chief making an ass out of himself once again. Such an ass that maybe he should be a democrat so he could have the donkey as his mascot. An unfortunate dig as in trying to insult Bush I seem to have insult Democrats at the same time and while I don't agree with all Democrats I would be much happier to align myself to them then to Republicans any day.

So, for those of you who didn't hear our president can't dribble, only just realized Shaquille O'Neal is tall and sadly enough didn't get Shaq's vote as president.

Terry is a big fan of Keith Olbermann's countdown and regular reader of the Tim Grieve's "War Room" and it was the following article called "One of these things is not like the other" that alerted me to the fact that our commander n cheat is not Einstein. Ok that is not true it has been obvious to many of us for some time now that Bush ain't as cool as he would have you believe.

Grieve wrote

"What George W. Bush said Tuesday about the Miami Heat's Shaquille O'Neal: "Standing next to Shaq is an awe-inspiring experience."*

What Shaquille O'Neal said the other day about getting a spot in the NBA's All Star game having played only a handful of games this season: "I'm like President Bush. You may not like me, you may not respect me, but you voted me in."**

In addition to this Terry said that Olbermann in his countdown "showed video (ironically enough I got this from Fox News) of Dubya posing with the NBA champion Miami Heat, and failing to notice (until he tried to dribble) that the basketball he was holding was not really inflated.

*FYI in case you didn't know Shaq is listed as 7 foot, 1 inch tall and 300 lbs.

**Fans recently voted O'Neal onto the NBA all-star team even though he has only played six games this season.

Finally, not surprising but still unfortunately true Heat Coach Pat Riley in an AP article was quoted as saying "I voted for the man. If you don't vote you don't count." This after giving Bush a Heat jersey.

Later Riley denied adding politics to the ceremony and said "I'm pro-American, pro-democracy, I'm pro-government," the coach said. "I follow my boss. He's my boss."

Why am I not surprised that this greasy guy would not only be a fan of Bush but say such comments? Then again his freedom of speech is protected just as much as mine.

No comments:

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping