Friday, March 02, 2007

Turning 101 and a scorpion's midnight visit.

That's right my friends we at Ripplefxs are turning 101 today or rather yet we are publishing our 101st post. I know that TV shows, fellow bloggers, athletes, etc. usually celebrate 100 episodes, postings, games, etc. but to not be like all the rest so the executive decision has been made to celebrate turning 101. Looking back we are all really surprised that we have come this far. Others have tried and not all those who have set out on this path have made it this far. We don't plan on stopping here but continuing full steam ahead bringing you interesting and informative images and stories from around the world. We don't smoke so we won't light a cigar and we don't eat chocolate so we guess that cake won't do but we do like pats on the back so now you can imagine us patting ourselves on the back in honor of our accomplishment.

On to other news I had a midnight visit last night from a scorpion. I was really tired and set to sleep and I looked up on my wall and there a few feet above my head from where I had been sitting working on my computer was a scorpion. Many thoughts ran through my head such as screaming, running, getting help, sleeping on the bed in the living room and crying but in the end I choose to put on some shoes, get a broom and sweep the scorpion to the floor. Of course it fell behind my bed so I had to take off the mattresses, remove my bags from under the bed, find the scorpion, sweep it from under my bed, follow it in to the living room and sweep it out the front door. Why, you may ask did I choose not to kill it? Well I try my best not to kill things and while a scorpion is poisonous and some say it is either it or me I hope we can live peacefully together. Now mosquitoes and cockroaches are another story. I must admit I didn't sleep to well as I kept waking up imaging my little friend had returned but it didn't so I guess we are still okay.

No comments:

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping