Monday, June 04, 2007

Free concert at Praca de Se in Sao Paulo.

On Sunday (Mother's Day) after church and before heading back via bus to Iracambi I went with Flavio and his cousin (the end of our walking tour) to see a free concert in Praca de Se. The concert was at the steps of the massive Catedral Metropolitana (Metropolitan Cathedral) and started around 4PM and went much later than I could stay and still make my bus home. Believe it or not I saw about four different acts amongst walking around, taking pics and people watching and I don't even remember who they were. I will have to find out from Flavio!
We arrived with just enough time for me to take some pictures before it got to dark. If you were wondering I had my nice new digital Nikon SLR with me all this time taking pictures in "one of the most dangerous cities" in the world. I am not showing off or saying that I visited all parts of the city at all hours of the day but saying not to always believe the hype and just be smart while traveling and you too can have a peaceful time.
Yes, prior to seeing these giants I was one of the tallest people in the crowd. This group of stilt walkers and guys with metal springy legs were doing a team cheer before descending upon the crowd to give some added entertainment during the concert. I have been to hundreds of concerts of all sizes in different venues but never seen a crew like this amongst the onlookers before.I wonder what the cops were thinking! White men can't what? This guy had mad hops!!!!
I think drinking and operating these things might not go hand in hand. Seriously though these guys and girls had amazing balance and control.
They really did look like they were having fun!!!!

No comments:

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping