Thursday, April 26, 2007

Offline and doing just fine....in fact getting a lot done on my capstone proposal and more.

Since last Tuesday, not counting today, we have had internet at Iracambi for just 24 hours and although unwanted and a pain at times it turned out to be a great help for me at least. I am in the midst of my capstone proposal for The School for International Training which I plan to have done and off to SIT in a week. While I did need the net to do research especially for my literature review and bibliography I really didn't need it to distract me with my blog, Facebook, MySpace and more.
The internet returned this morning and was off through a combination of company banking error as they thought we hadn't paid our account and thus they cut us off and technical mess up here as a cord was not properly in place. It is nice to be back online but in truth it was good to have less distractions than normal this past week as I was working on my proposal. Now, I just have to make sure not to get too distracted now that I am online again. As I promised a week ago the pictures of Iracambi's raging river and flooded areas will be coming up soon as I sure haven't forgotten. I just need to get some of the "drier" times here so that you can appreciate the bubbling, red, fast moving river we experienced after a drenching downpour.
In other news Alana, who has been helping me a ton with my proposal, taught me how to make eggplant Parmesan night for dinner, which was enjoyed by all and is one of my favorite dishes. Tonight we will be making "couve" Mocambican style complete with ground peanuts and coconut milk. It will actually be my first time trying this dish outside of Mocambique and will be complemented with equally nice tomato and coconut rice which is ohhh sooo nice. If it goes off well then Carminha our great lunch time cook has asked me to show her how to do it too!!! YUMMY!!!!

1 comment:

Krisitne said...

I just subscribed to your blog- and caught up on all the entries I ve missed. So much good work there and coold people. How can I get out of the machine and live there? I finish here June 21 spend a week on the appian way and then start work in Rochester. Maybe a commune at my house?

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping