Sunday, April 08, 2007

Spending the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) selling out to Myspace and Facebook....all 2 bring more visitors to my blog, pathetic maybe.......

.....but my hope is that it will prove to be effective and increase the traffic to my blog. As I mentioned a few days ago, a week ago to be exact, I have posted over 100 photos on my blog, now closer to 140, and numerous stories about my work, colleagues, cultural experiences, etc. and especially for all those of you who email and ask me how it is going and for those who will be dazzled by another one of my infamous slide shows when I return the blog is a great way to know more about me and whet your appetite.

For those of you who subscribe to my blog through Feedblitz of which there are a dozen of you it may have come to your attention that you weren't getting your daily email summaries from my blog. That is because sadly enough prior to today many weeks if not months have passed since I wrote an entry on the actual day it was dated for and only those entries written and posted on the same day get emailed to you. I am sorry for being so busy but at least I have caught up with the past few weeks worth of stories and photos for you all to enjoy.

As I mentioned above I have spent many hours this weekend working on adding friends and setting up a new account from Facebook which I did for two reasons. The first was to appease my coworkers and volunteers here at Iracambi who have started our own Facebook group including a cat named Tripod. The crew here was harassing me to join and share photos, etc. so I acquiesced more to promote my own blog than anything and plus on my blog they can find plenty of great photos! As of now 48 hours after being created I have 63....no make that 64 friends. Then once I got the hang of Facebook and had a ton of "new" friends I decided to work on my MySpace page which I created last year but really never used. I only have 10 friends in the less than 24 hours since I started it but it is a good start and I am sure that once my friends get done with their Easter egg hunting they will surely accept my generous offer to be online friends. If you want to see my MySpace page you can go to http://www.myspace.com/ripplefxs and if you want to see my Facebook page you can go here.

In the end I think this will be a good way to keep in touch with the hundreds of friends in almost 30 countries around the world or at least pass a rainy weekend in the middle of the Atlantic Forest.

No comments:

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping