Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The streets of Sao Paulo.

Having been in the "middle of nowhere" (I really don't like that phrase as it is always so disrespectful to people from "nowhere") it was strange to be seeing the big lights and tall buildings of Sao Paulo. I have always found architecture photos interesting and especially enjoyed playing with the wide angle lens on my new (well only 5 months old) digital camera.
Rather colorful if I do say so myself. Of course these smaller buildings are probably older and will at some point be torn down and replaced with dull behemoths.Hard to see from this far away but this is a two story wedding dress store.
Somewhere between Iracambi's single lane dirt roads and the eight plus lane highways (one way) in Houston. I think the short buildings on the left must be older than the tall ones on the right.
Nice framing of the building using these Palm Trees if I do say so myself.
I felt like I was back in Rome:) I guess maybe features such as this fountain and the fact that the Pope was in Sao Paulo during the same week that I was could be the reason for having this feeling.

No comments:

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping