Friday, October 20, 2006

60 Minutes story on Darfur....real MUST SEE TV!

Thanks to Mulu for sending an email that alerted me to a “60 Minutes” story that will be on this Sunday night the 22nd about Darfur, genocide, politics, etc. Mulu wrote “The Sudanese government restricts reporters from entering the region, but CBS correspondent Scott Pelley and his 60 Minutes crew went anyway, putting their lives in jeopardy. Mulu is a fellow grad student at SIT, is from Ethiopia and did a group project at SIT last spring in an advocacy class on the situation in Darfur. Mulu also wrote “It is sure to be a haunting and truthful piece.” For those of you who don’t know “60 Minutes” it is a 60 minute news show in the States that has been on the air for many years. You can find out more, including local TV listings, by clicking here. Mulu also let me know that you can click here at SaveDarfur.org to watch a brief clip from the report. If you have any similar messages that you want me to post on my blog please let me know. I will have to ask my parents to record the piece so I can watch when I get home in late February or early March.

No comments:

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping