Sunday, October 15, 2006

What’s next the Virgin Mary? Prophetic visions or maybe just whole-wheat cravings. I must be in an Oregon state of mind.

I had what one can only describe as a "religious" moment when I pulled this piece of bread out of the bag and went to it eat. I have often heard of the Virgin Mary being found in nature, a pancake, chocolate and other forms and when I found the map of the State of Oregon in a brown seed loaf with mixed grains and seeds that was vegetarian, I knew that a higher power must be speaking to me.

I can clearly see some snow on the Pacific Coast Trail and if you look closely enough you can see the ski slopes at Mount Hood, the Deschutes River as it runs through Sun River, Wizard Island inside Crater Lake, the Rose Garden (not where the Jail Blazers play) in Portland and some guy in tights saying something about “To be, or not to be…” in that town in southern Oregon that my sister will one day be the mayor of called Ashland. I hear that Nateville is next door.

After the shock and awe I felt upon my discovery I decided to take some photos to have a permanent memory of my special find and then pulled out a jar of Oregon Grape Jelly that I bought at the Made in Oregon store at the Portland International Airport before leaving home last July, toasted Oregon and had a nice mid-afternoon snack. I wonder if they eat the Virgin Mary when she is found in perishables such as pancakes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fabulous! Now you can join the loony crowd that finds miniature statues of the Virgin Mary beneath chocolate vats!

Wait a minute...aren't you supposed to be one of the sane ones in the SIT crew?!?

Have to say though. That slice of bread looks yummy. Haven't had one in a long time and it's just not the same over the ocean!

Anonymous said...

Hey Blake,

I'm in Oregon now. Fancy that. I must say there is a better quality toast here, too.

Frances

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping