Monday, October 02, 2006

October surprise continued. Thanks Mark Foley for making Clinton's indiscretions look like child's play and opening up the 2006 Elections!

I know I said I would only bring fresh news to you that you might not normally find where you get your news from but I couldn’t help but share this one. To read more about Mark Foley’s recent resignation just a few weeks before the midterm elections read ABC’s Mark Halperin’s article about how this “could shakeup midterm elections”. As mentioned in my previous entry I was gone this past weekend and only learned of this development Sunday night upon my return. My dad was all to happy to inform me about this and while I of course think that this story is not a laughing matter I hope it will help the Democrats on November 7th. It is just one more clear indication to the nation how truly corrupt, underhanded and much of an old boys club the Republican party has become not the democrats don’t have their issues as well. I hope this is a wake up call for many and allows for some of the famous “checks and balances” to start to come back in to play so we can get a glimpse again of what democracy means.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright Mr. Political. This is when you frustrate me...why does it have to be about political parties, and the people who belong to/lead them??? Why can't it be about the individual issue? And why the drama? On a side note: you make it sound like I frustrate you frequently...is this true?

Moz4 said...

Well Ms. Apolitical. I guess I figure that I would rather have the lesser of two sold out parties in power and I can imagine that had Gore been in power we wouldn't be in all this hot water that we find ourselves today. Clearly the issues are the key but the way our political system is structured the party in power basically runs the show and I think that the Dems would be much more along the lines with my beliefs. What is the drama you are referring to? As for frustrating me we all seem to frustrate each other at times and I am sure I have my moments as do you. Maybe this is a conversation best carried on in a less public forum.

P.S. I am trying to see about meeting up with the Communist Party here to see what it is all about. I guess I just really like parties.

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping